Tuesday 8 March 2011

Trial and Error: FINAL




Third attempt:
When looking at my previous developments compared to my research I noticed my ideas felt too structured, where as in fact the concept of repeat in a pine cone is random. Therefore, I adapted and reformed my second attempt by stagering the shapes to represent the random and angular repeated forms I concluded from my research on pine cones.
I chose to present the general shape of a pine cone by producing larger forms which gradually get smaller. I feel the overall decision to repeat one basic form only emphasises the factor. I also chose to hang this structure rather then use an adhesive to stick each form together as I felt how the structure naturally hung was an interpretation to the natural aspect of my chosen subject of research, pine cones. 

I have decided to use this structure as my final model as it provided all the elements and aspects that I found interesting in previous experimentations. I love the concept of layering used in my piece which is also illustrated in each separate form rather then just the piece as a whole. The angular appearance presents the feeling of strength such as a quality of a pine cone, however, as also been softened by the way the paper has been folded.



No comments:

Post a Comment