Sunday 13 March 2011

Ideas

For task two I looked at previous models I had experimented with as to determine an idea to begin with. I found a particular interest in these models where different sized strands of paper have been cut into the sheet, separated and overlapped. I looked at some quick ideas, incorporating these sculptures into my celebratory poster. My ideas here were to just place type onto the paper either digitally or drawn on, however, I feel this does not portray the great uses of paper. 




Looking at the same style of model, I chose to experiment with the type differently. I decided to hang each letter from the strands so the outcome appeared as if the letters were floating inside the sculpture. When testing this idea, I soon discovered a huge draw back; there was not enough space to fit all the text inside. To try and correct this i attempted to create a larger scale model as to allow enough space, however, then the strength of the structure was lost and the strands began to fold inside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment