Tuesday 8 March 2011

Trial and Error: THREE

I decided to follow the previous concept of using several repeated small models to create a larger structure and chose to use this simple structure i remembered learning to create when i was younger. i felt the shape nicely represented a cross section of a pine cone, with the jagged spikes and the rough edges. i believe when repeated this structure could successfully represent a pine cone and all its repeated forms.




First attempt:
My first thought was to just stack the small structures on top of each other. When done the outcome looked plain and simple, however, defiantly a good starting point to develop!








Second attempt: 
Following the previous attempt as a point to progress I decided I wanted to incorporate the general cone shape of a pine cone which I concluded in my research and preferred in other experimentations. I chose to include this by gradually making the repeat structure smaller. I prefer this idea than the previous; it feels like it has more points of interests, however, I feel the outcome is too structured and planned, appearing more like a pyramid from Egypt then a pine cone!


No comments:

Post a Comment