Tuesday 8 March 2011

Trial and Error: ONE



After experimenting with different folding techniques I was drawn to this particular idea. The overall outcome reminded me of the repeated forms I discovered in my overlay work as well as the idea of each spike coming in and out.
 

I decided to use this idea and twist it into the cone shape of a pine cone. I feel after doing this the triangle points have changed from being structured to random and unexpected. I feel this idea has successfully demonstrated the aspects of a pine cone i studied in my research.


I also decided to look at different textures. I considered the texture of a pine cone and how there was even repeat found and chose to fold paper to recreate that "woody" feel. I had already looked at previous techniques to produce a texture, but furthered my studies by experimenting with a simple fan folding technique. I believe this idea is perhaps not as suitable as the previous experimentation, as it appears too unnatural.

Previous texture
experimentation

No comments:

Post a Comment