Sunday 13 March 2011

Cone Sculpture






When referring back to my previous models, I was particularly interested in the cone sculptures I produced. I decided to research into the concepts of the shape and what a cone actually symbolises. A cone is smooth rounded shape with a pointed top and a circular base. The idea of a circle represents something on going which is endless. The structure is also a solid figure which is strong and stable. The symbolisms of a cone refer to the concept of plenty, abundance, joy and the fruition of plans. All these qualities I believe portray GF Smith Paper and have decided to use this shape for my poster sculpture. 

I considered attaching these shapes together to make a final sculpture, however I have decided to use different sized cones as separate sculptures, placed together in a way which appears both random yet on the other hand planned. My reason for this is to highlight the ides of several uses, there are several modules, there are several ways to use paper. I also feel the idea of each cone being free from the other represents the idea of broadness, the wide range of facilities the company has.


No comments:

Post a Comment