Wednesday 4 May 2011

Testing Lines

Due to me wanting to keep my animation hand crafted, I decided to test out different methods to create the feeling of the buildings drawing themselves into the image.

Gradually Painted In

Photobucket

As my original idea to create the feeling that the buildings are drawing themselves in; I feel the effect works well. The only concern is you can see where lines have been painted over the image to cover it. The process also took a long period of time as each line had to be left to dry before scanned in.

Painted Blocks

Photobucket

Again I chose to test the idea of painting in sections of the image to hind areas, however, this time I chose to allow each block to be shown at a time. Although the process was much quicker then painting it in gradually, I am not too keen on this idea because it feels very stiff.

Sponged In

Photobucket

Seen as I had created sponge painted backgrounds i decided to follow this concept and gradually sponge in the image. I feel that the covered areas of the image were hidden a lot better compared to when i just painted it in; however, i am still not too keen on the idea! It appears more like the foreground is revealing an image underneath rather then the image drawing itself in.

Paper Mosaic

Photobucket

Definitely my favourite idea! There isn't any image "ghost' where you can see the image before it has appeared. I also love the messy feeling of it, i feel it adds even more to the idea of 'energy'. It appears very exciting and unplanned.

Paper Blocks

Photobucket

Using the same idea as the paper mosaic, I applied pieces of paper separately and scanned them in, however used the idea of blocks. Again i feel it appears very stiff and planned; not quite the look i was going for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment