Wednesday 4 May 2011

City Design

 So i needed to design a city view and my first thoughts was just a line drawing. I chose to animate the image to see how it works and just get a bit more practise with after effects. 




I wanted to keep the theme of the sponging effect running though my animation so each component fitted well together rather then feel like they are separate. I applied this technique to my previous line drawing design and already I'm preferring the outcome. 


I then followed this principle onto brown paper, producing several different images, testing using wonky lines, buildings that join up and buildings that didn't. After a few attempts i concluded i preferred the use of straight lines such as the previous image and i felt the bottom needed to be joined up as to allow the feeling of it drawing itself in continuously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment