Thursday 7 April 2011

Initial Thoughts




On first hearing my piece of music I listed several words that it reminded me off. Finally after several listens, I managed to pin these down to three descriptive words which really summed the music up for me!

FINAL THREE WORDS:
- Continuous 
- Energy
- Summer








I then decided to break the song down, noting when instruments come in and deciding on a 30 second section of the song I wish to use. I chose to look at the first 30 seconds as I like how it is simple and where the instruments are introduced. I feel at these moments I can introduce different elements into my animation and create something that is in time with the beats. I also believe that there is a lot more to work with and i have already thought up several possible ideas in these first 30 seconds then in the rest of the song.

- 0.00 = Begins with a continuous beat 
- 0.04 = Guitar kicks in
- 0.08 = Bongo drums 
- 0.12 = Bass
- 0.16 = Organ

After 30 seconds a tambourine begins, however i don,t like how the tune begins to become complicated and sounding more like a church song then something that is summery and light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment