Thursday 7 April 2011

Character Design/Cell Animation Workshop

During one of our workshops we looked into cell animation and character design. We first began with sketching out several ideas for characters. I looked into personifying animals and shapes as well as designing human characters. I aimed to keep my designs simple as to allow them to be easily animated.
I was really interested in my fish design due to the comical face. It has a basic shape so the only aspect that would need to be animated would be the different facial expressions. I tested different expressions, experimenting with how the position of the eyes and the use of eyebrows can change the emotions. 



I decided the sketch out a quick story board planning a start, middle and end using a different character. I kept the humorous face, however just used a simple circle to portray a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment