Sunday 6 February 2011

Zim & Zou

After researching further into the concept of manipulating paper, I discovered the interesting work done by Lucie Thomas and Thibault Zimmermann. Both are freelance graphic designers who work together under the name Zim&Zou. The style of their work differs greatly from that of Richard Sweeney, often using coloured paper rather then white. I love how delicate each piece looks and I am inspired as to how it was produced. I am particularly fond of the designs used to create a new food menu for a lobster restaurant. 




Another sculpture they created which I found a fondness towards is "Inside The Cloud". I love how layers have been presented by suspended each form. The use of refreshing and bright colours represents a pleasant summers day, bringing a positive view towards the piece, combined with the delicate cursive lettering which is often incorporated in their work.





No comments:

Post a Comment